Our Insider Tips!
Next to the harbor and the Elbe, the Michel and the Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg has all sorts of places and locations that can’t be found in any travel guide - and which shouldn’t be missing on any to-do list. For this reason we here at the Madison got together and wrote down our favorite parts of town, cultural offerings, restaurants, parks, shops and everything else noteworthy. And we’re certain there are many things that you would like too!
But that’s not all: here you can also find out where the best selfie spots are to take home some once-in-a-lifetime pictures. And if there is something, which is written in every travel guide, that you had better just forget, you can find out about that here, too. Remember to check by frequently, as we will always be adding new insider tips for you!
- My vice: North Sea shrimp roll at Brücke 10
- My special tip: Private sailing trip along the river Elbe - with the company "Elbsegelei" you will experience a harbor boat tour of a different kind
- My favourite place: In a rowboat on the Alster lake with some wine and cheese, naturally
For me, the perfect day starts with a delicious breakfast. I can definitely recommend the breakfast buffet at our Marley's Restaurant. Here, we pay great attention to fresh products which we receive from local manufactures.
Director of Sales & Marketing
- My sweet vice: Freshly baked curd cheese balls
- My personal tip: Guided tour through the container port with "Jasper - Eye to Eye with the Giants"
- My favourite place: The terrace at the restaurant AlsterCliff with a glas of Aperol Spritz in my hand, overlooking the Outer Alster lake
My perfect day begins, when I am woken by the sun and not my alarm clock. After strolling around the farmer’s market I stop by the Kleine Bäckerei and bring home fresh, oven-warm rolls and tasty nougat croissants.
Rooms Division Manager
- My special tip: The subway line Rödingsmarkt - Landungsbrücken with the best view out over the harbor
- My sweet vice: Almond cresent pastry
- My favourite place: The museum harbor "Övelgönne", sitting on a swimming pontoon and getting insatiable wanderlust